Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ultimate Wish List Tag - 2013 Handbag Edition


I absolutely love this time of year. Living in southern California, its definitely rare to ever need a sweater in the day time, let alone an umbrella so the drop in temperature is definitely a welcomed treat. Its finally just cold enough to warrant a jacket; albeit, a light one, but it counts!  

And it just wouldn't be the holidays without some major eye candy to lust after! Lets all hope our loved ones at least have an idea of what we want under the Christmas tree. And if not, send them my list ;)


 *Be warned, this list is extravagant, lavish, and unreasonable; and I wouldn't have it any other way. 


 This year, it's all about the MINIS. Mini versions of a full-size bag sounds ridiculous, because they are - ridiculous price tags too. I actually thought this trend was a little laughable at first since for a few hundred dollars more, you could get the full-size version of the handbag. I guess the only ones laughing are the designers as they make their way to the bank because I am officially obsessed. A few of my favorites are:


Celine Nano Luggage Tote, $2300
Confession: I was never a huge fan of the Celine Luggage totes. I do like the design and am a fan of the brand but this bag was never a 'must have' for me. That was until the Nano version came along. Not too sure why this bag is suddenly so much more appealing to me just because it comes in a smaller size but I sure am a sucker for a crossbody. Measuring in at 8″H x 8″W x 4″D, its definitely a "necessities only" handbag.


Seeing this bag on HRH Collection was definitely love at first sight. Its a modern twist on a classic bag in a vibrant, stunning color. Most people tend to stay away from brightly colored accessories but if you're guilty of a dark wardrobe, as many of us are, a colorful handbag is the perfect way to balance your outfit while still feeling comfortable in your clothes. Plus, how cute is that pink poof?


Chanel Medium 'Boy' bag $4300
Never has a bag wowed me as much as the classic Chanel 2.55... that is, until the 'Boy' bag. It comes in a quilted, cubed, and smooth version; all in different types of hardware and all equally gorgeous. This bag has only been around since late 2011 but it's already been deemed as 'iconic' and I couldn't agree more. Personally, I own the 2.55 in Jumbo but I don't know how much longer I can resist Le Boy (Le Sigh is more like it!). Its sort of the edgier sister of the 2.55. 


Saint Laurent Classic Sac de Jour $2950
I know many of us weren't thrilled when Hedi Slimane first announced that the iconic house of YSL would now be known as Saint Laurent Paris, but it seems he has done wonders for the brand. He has created so many stunning handbags in such a short period of time. One of my favorites is the Sac de Jour. Sleek lines, thoughtful compartments, and roomy design - I want one in every color! (Though it 'aint laurent without Yves!)



Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton SC Bag PM $4300
I can't even tell you how many years I have loved this bag. Simple yet refined and known for being 'effortlessly glamorous', this bag has been incredibly popular and all sizes of it are in great demand. Reminiscent of the well-known Speedy bag, its a more luxurious, rich alternative made with soft Veau Cachemire leather. What I love most about this bag is how striking it is even though at first glance, it looks rather simple. The more you look at it, the more you see all of the sophisticated details. The larger version also makes a great gift for your male significant other. "His & Hers" SC bags? Just too amazing.


And since no wish list is complete without Hermes...

Hermes Kelly (worn by Wendyslookbook)
Classy, elegant, and named after a princess. As much as I love the Birkin bag, I've always preferred the Kelly. It's a bit more versatile than the Birkin, since it can be worn for both formal and casual occasions while the Birkin was originally meant to be a casual bag. The crossbody strap adds a functional yet feminine touch while letting the hands be free when needed, something the Birkin is unable to do since it can't be worn on the shoulder. Sellier or retourne, gold or silver hardware; they're all beautiful. Need I say more?



Honorable mentions:
The Prada Double Zip Saffiano Lux tote $1995,
The Givenchy Small Antigona bag $2280, 

The Fendi Mini Peekaboo $2750 (already sold out),
The Saint Laurent Y-Ligne Cabas Mini $2350, 
and the Fendi Monster Eyes Peekaboo Bag $5700.


Lastly, apologies for not updating my blog. (it's only been.. 3 years?) BIG thanks to Steph (from DSK Jewelry) for encouraging me along the way. She's an amazing person, talented jewelry designer, and has an amazing blog here and here.


4 comments :

  1. that alma bag is on my forever wishlist too ^^ probably get it in white cream someday <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're blogging again!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your take on bags. You have the best taste. I would die for any Hermes bag in Lagoon. I think the color is so amazing. Do you follow BlondieLuxe on Instagram? She's a MUST follow. She has the most incredible bags, shoes, and accessories!!!

    I love the Celine Nano as well, it's superrr cute!!

    I think the Chanel Boy is really really nice. I saw a woman carry it not too long ago and it really caught my eye. It's a stunning bag and has a hint of masculine sophistication for a woman's handbag. Bravo Carl!

    Thank you for the sweet shout out! ;) I hope you and your family have a fabulous Thanksgiving!! Keep blogging!! It's such a wonderful way for us to stay in touch. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lots in common.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh totes obsessed w/ this list! and i so agree.. i'm obsessed w/ minis right now too.. i use to be ALL about big bags.. and i thought mini's were stupid too because i like to carry everything and the kitchen sink.. and yet now when i use big bags.. they just seem SO BIG!!

    ohh i didn't know uniqueen closed!! sad.. i purchased the faux leather jacket from them i think 2 years ago!! :( sadness! they had such cute things too!

    ReplyDelete